Events & Classes Calendar
Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion
Mind-blowing fun! Fly, explore and set in motion 40 life-sized machines and innovations from one of the world's most brilliant minds.
Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion—exclusively at the Springs Preserve—takes you on a journey through the mind of artist, thinker, inventor, engineer and anatomist Leonardo da Vinci, who designed inventions and foresaw many devices we use commonly today—500 years ago!
Exciting exhibit features include:
- Forty life-size machines for visitors to touch and set in motion.
- Models of Leonardo's hang glider, tank, robot, printing press, oil press, parachute, machine gun, bicycle-powered flying machine, revolving crane, odometer and more amazing inventions.
- Each machine is constructed using the materials and craftsmanship available in da Vinci's lifetime and is accompanied by Leonardo's drawing of the design.
- Scientists and skilled artisans built the 40 replicas in collaboration with the Leonardo da Vinci Museum in Florence, Italy.
- The machines are grouped into four sections: Earth, Water, Air and Fire according to the element in which the machine operates or from which it draws its power.
View a gallery of photos from Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion!
Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion is produced by Evergreen Exhibitions. This event is made possible in part through the generous contributions of our sponsors, including:
Find an Event
To view events and classes beyond the next seven days, select your date range using the tools below and click "Show events." Then use the "View" drop-down menu to narrow your search results by event type.