Last updated: May 7, 2018
Information Collected Automatically
Like most websites, we automatically collect certain information during your visit to our Site. We currently use Google Analytics to perform web measurement and analytics. The information it collects may be used for things such as compiling statistics about our Site and measuring Site activity so that we may update the Site to better meet users' needs and interests. Get more information about how Google may use data it collects through the Site, or learn how to opt out of Google Analytics data collection.
Information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- Date and time you visited our Site
- Pages you visited while on our Site
- If you navigated to our Site by clicking a link and the location of that link
- The Internet Service Provider you used to connect to our Site
- The Internet Protocol address from which you accessed our Site
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. Learn more about “Do Not Track” signals.
We use "cookies" to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information. A cookie is a text file that is placed in your computer or device to store your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies, if you so choose. If you do decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features on this Site. Learn more about cookies.
In addition, we may use automatically-collected information to track your activity over time and across websites, as well as across different devices you use to access the Internet.
Personal Information Collection and Use
We may collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it on the Site while filling out a form, submitting a question or signing up for one of our programs or online services. Some other ways in which you may submit information to us include:
- Find your watering group — If you submit your address to find your watering group and select “Remember address,” that information will be stored via cookies to be used on related pages within our Site.
- Public records request — If you make a public records request, the personal information you provide (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address, etc) will be used to provide requested materials and fulfill your request.
- Email/forms you send to us — If you send us an email or form (e.g. Vendor or Performer Interest Form, Venue Rental Request Form), you may be sending us personal information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address, account number etc). We may use this information to respond to the request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your email or request.
- Email newsletter subscription — If you sign up for our email newsletter or for email notifications, we save this information in a database. We use it for things such as to send you our electronic newsletter and other promotions you may be interested in. You may opt-out of receiving news and promotions at any time.
- Text message reminders — If you sign up for our quarterly water group reminder service, your cell phone number will be saved in a database. We use the cell phone number you provide to send out the reminders. You may opt out of receiving the reminders at any time.
- Online surveys and website usability studies — If you provide us information as part of an online survey or web usability study, we will use this information for things such as qualitative and quantitative research to help us improve our services, programs or website functionality. We may release a general summary of such research results to internal or external audiences.
Some other types of uses for personal information provided to us include:
- Verify and/or authenticate a registered user’s identity;
- Personalize and improve your online experience;
- Provide visitors with offers tailored to their interests and past activities on the Site;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users;
- Improve the Site, our marketing, and other products or services we may offer;
- Contact you regarding your use of the Site or, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes as well as industry standards and our internal policies;
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
We will not sell any personal information you share with us and we will store it in a manner that complies with applicable data privacy laws. Our online credit card transactions are conducted using a third-party payment processor who is required to meet Payment Card Industry security standards.
To review or request changes to any of the personal information you submit, contact us.
How We May Share Your Information
We may share personal information we collect through our Site with our employees, agents, vendors, consultants, contractors, and other service providers and affiliated organizations that need the information to carry out work on our behalf. These third parties use the personal information to which they have access to fulfill the purposes for which we shared that information.
We also may share your information:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as in response to a subpoena or court order or similar government request for information);
- To respond to requests by government agencies, including law enforcement authorities;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- To enforce our policies, or to protect legal rights, property, or safety;
- With third parties, to investigate or address possible criminal or fraudulent activity; or
- In the event of a joint venture, partnership, or other collaboration with another organization.
Please note that LVVWD, SNWA, and the Springs Preserve are public agencies subject to the Nevada Public Records Act and other applicable state or federal laws. Information submitted through this Site may be subject to disclosure if a public records request is made. We respond to requests within the parameters of those laws.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Networking Sites
This Site may contain links to or integrations with social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., whose information and privacy practices may be different than ours. You should consult the other sites' privacy policies – we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the personal information you share with us. It is important that you protect your password and other personal information to prevent unauthorized individuals from using it online. Although we attempt to maintain the security of this Site and the information you provide to us, please be aware that no security system is completely impenetrable.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties (and in some cases, affiliates) for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. We may from time to time elect to share certain “personal information” (as defined by the applicable California law) about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may request information regarding the categories of personal information shared, and the names and addresses of the third parties that received the personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year (for example, requests made in 2017 will yield information about 2016 sharing activities).
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident, and provide a current California address for our response. You may email your request or mail it to:
Public Information Division
Attention: California Privacy Rights Request
1001 S. Valley View Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89153
Your inquiry must specify “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per California resident each year.
We make every effort to provide the most timely, accurate information. However, technical difficulties or human error may occur. We caution you to check or verify facts you use to make decisions that affect public safety, personal finances or business finances. The information on this Site is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. You are responsible for any conclusions or actions you undertake as a result of the information on this Site.
If you subscribe to an RSS feed on this Site, and it is sent to you through an RSS reader or other service, you are agreeing to have this information sent to that service. You are responsible for managing the security and privacy of this information and the manner to which it is used outside of this Site.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under age 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under age 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of age 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Contests and Promotions
Information for Users Outside the United States
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and stored in the United States. By using the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States as described in this policy. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations applicable to your personal data transferred to the United States may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
Changes to This Policy
Public Information Division
1001 S. Valley View Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89153