Día de Muertos
- Date & Time: Nov. 1-3, 2019, 4pm-9pm
- Location: Springs Preserve
- Admission: Advance: $10 adult, $6 child. Day-of: $12 adult, $8 child. Individual, Family and Bronze members: $10 adult, $6 child. Silver State Pass, Gold and Platinum members receive free admission. Free for children 2 and younger.
- RSVP: No reservations required. But we do recommend purchasing tickets in advance to avoid a sell-out risk.
● Group rate tickets are available for groups of 10 or more. To purchase tickets at the group rate, please contact us by phone at 702-822-8779.
● Silver State Pass, Gold and Platinum members can reserve their free tickets for Día de Muertos online through Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019. Once this deadline has passed, you must request your tickets on-site at our ticket office.
Celebrating a centuries-old tradition rooted in Latin American cultures, the Springs Preserve will present its colorful 11th annual Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) event.
This 3,000-year-old Hispanic celebration honoring loved ones is full of joy and tradition. This family-friendly event blends rich customs with exciting activities such as live theater and dance performances, altars, mariachis, face painting, sugar skull decorating and an art exhibition.
One of the highlights of the family-friendly celebration is the altars local residents, community groups and artists create to honor deceased relatives. Participants decorate the altars with photographs, burning candles and incense, and display favorite foods of their loved ones. Poems with fun phrases and some that make fun of death are recited to lighten the mood; also, music and dance are part of the traditional celebration.
Registration for the 2019 Día de Muertos altar contest is closed. Prizes and categories are as follows:
- TRADITIONAL (2 Prizes)
1st place: $1,000; 2nd place: $600
- ARTISTIC: (3 Prizes)
1st place: $1,000; 2nd place: $600; 3rd place: $400
- NONPROFIT: (2 Prizes)
1st place: $600; 2nd place: $300
- PERSONAL: (1 Prize)
- PEOPLE'S CHOICE: (1 Prize)
If you are interested in performing or selling items at one of the Springs Preserve's signature special events, please complete the special event participation form to be added to our database.
The Springs Preserve hosts several annual signature special events tied into holidays, seasons and cultural celebrations. These productions provide an opportunity for the community to come together and experience the Preserve through music, art, activities, tours and concessions.