Black History Month Festival
- Date & Time: Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, 10am-4pm
- Location: Springs Preserve
- Admission: Ticket prices will be announced closer to the event.
- RSVP: No reservations required. But we do recommend purchasing tickets in advance to avoid a sell-out risk.
We're celebrating the contributions of African-Americans to our community with music, food and dance at our 10th annual Black History Month Festival.
This event for the whole family includes:
- Soul Food from local restaurants, cultural art and gift items
- Live bands, spoken word and hip-hop performers and music by DJ So Hype
- Keynote presentation by Dr. Naida Parson (New Antioch Christian Fellowship)
- Carnival games, face painting, children's activities and arts & crafts
- Storytime with author, Brittany Green, for her newly released book, Little Black Girl
- Presentation honoring the late civil rights champion Dr. James McMillan
- Performances by the City of Refuge Choir and the Bethesda Praise Dancers
- Historic Black Las Vegas photo exhibit and Civil Rights-era photography
- Appearances by The Lique, Kiara Musik, Jess Flo, Native Son Spelling Bee finalists and more
If you are interested in performing or selling items at one of the Springs Preserve's signature special events, please complete the special event participation form to be added to our database.
The Springs Preserve hosts several annual signature special events tied into holidays, seasons and cultural celebrations. These productions provide an opportunity for the community to come together and experience the Preserve through music, art, activities, tours and concessions.