Cats & Dogs
- Date & Time: Friday-Monday, Jan. 16-May 8, 2022, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Origen Museum
- Admission: FREE for members or with paid Springs Preserve general admission
- RSVP: No reservations required.
How much do we really know about the animal companions that share our daily lives? Find out at Cats & Dogs, the exhibit coming to the Springs Preserve Jan. 16-May 8, 2022.
Cats & Dogs offers a sensory and interactive journey largely devoted to games and simulations: there is nothing better than putting yourself in an animal's place to understand them better and decode their behavior.
The exhibition is arranged to take visitors on a fun, sensory and interactive journey. Using colors, materials and selected furnishings, three different scenes are created, consisting of distinct environments that let visitors experience each universe.
- In their skin. This is an active space where visitors compare their own physical skills to those of the animals, such as speed, agility, capacity to jump. They discover the different range of canine and feline body shape types and observe their characteristics.
- In their heads. Plunged into a space decorated to put us on a level with the animals, visitors are invited to look, listen and feel like a dog or cat, with unusual immersive experiments. Understand how they communicate, interpret their emotions and decrypt their behavior.
- In our society. Dogs and cats fill our homes, our streets and even our culture. This final section shows visitors the nature of our relationship with these animals over time, and the important role they play today in our society.
This exhibition is created by Universcience, adapted by Musée de la Civilisation, and produced by Imagine Exhibitions Inc.