Nevada State Museum
The Nevada State Museum is a unique part of the overall Springs Preserve experience. Housed in a beautiful, 70,000-square-foot building, the facility features a 13,000-square-foot exhibit gallery that stands as the museum centerpiece, allowing visitors to:
- Stand face-to-face with Nevada's state fossil, an Ichthyosaur Shonisaurus popularis
- Step inside a stalactite cave
- Watch holographic figures tell the tale of Nevada's miners
- Witness an atomic explosion
- See historic Las Vegas glitz and glamor
Video: Nevada State Museum
Thousands of years of local natural and human history is waiting for exploration at the Nevada State Museum.
Photos: Exhibit Gallery
Visitors can learn about the plants and animals that inhabit our great state, the rise of Las Vegas as the resort capital of the world, and more in the Nevada State Museum's permanent gallery.